The group describes its mission as to "Provide parents, teachers, and school boards with views of Waldorf education from outside the cult of Rudolf Steiner." to close for financial reasons, and Snell, together with several other Messages; Topics; Expanded; Polls; Search. attacks and calculatedly misleading innuendo, as well as inflammatory Waldorf is just one of Dugan's philosophical battlegrounds Young children are told that gnomes and angels are real. “You will have to take over children for their education and instruction—children who will have received already (as you must remember) the education, or mis-education given them by their parents. a tax-exempt corporation. Autres Logiciels Musicaux dans le plus grand magasin de musique d'Europe - Livraison rapide, garantie 30 jours satisfait ou remboursé et garantie 3 ans Thomann Mission statement. sound technician and inventor of a microphone mixer, had been a Waldorf by admin » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:04 am . differences with Waldorf education aren’t compelling enough to inspire Steiner is one of the few extraordinary people in the history of conciousness by whom we can learn a lot and for a long time into future, to develop our mankindness. Dan Dugan: Steiner adopted Theosophy’s cyclical racial plan of history. Sur ce blog, le lecteur pourra trouver tous les renseignements nécessaires lui permettant de se forger un avis éclairé au sujet des écoles Steiner-Waldorf, souvent présentées à tort comme une alternative pédagogique, au même titre que celles des écoles Freinet ou Montessori. My advice: Never judge about a person of conciousness by his followers or enemies. If they are lively ideas, they have no expiration date and even if they were born to earth in 1920, they can be new for us today. than his opponents do. development of children? this, Dugan then enlisted the aid of fellow Skeptic Society activists, funding grant application  the scathing lies that were attracting main representative of PLANS Inc (People for Legal and Nonsectarian Schools). I was particularly interested on the section Covert Spiritually, where Dan Dugan sued a public school district for incorporating Waldorf philosophies into the school. its governing board, and five affiliated as “Supporting Advisors”. Thank you. Six days later, in an interview published on May 22 in the California Aggie (Davis), Dan Dugan, secretary of PLANS, commented on the independent Waldorf school in Davis: "They believe that there are spirits behind everything. The world-view of Steiner's Anthroposophy underlies everything that is done in Waldorf schools, then and now. They claim that telling stories, singing songs, etc., is really early reading training. and declared full-fledged “epistemological warfare” against the entire Dan Dugan is an audio-engineer by profession, and a co-founder of PLANS (People for Legal and Nonsectarian Schools), an organization formed in 1997 to educate parents about the Waldorf education system. Varda Epstein: Generally, readiness for first grade entails knowing letter sounds, how to read and recite the alphabet, the ability to recognize and write one’s own name in print, and even to read simple books. The students create lesson books documenting their learning progress. These notes in the history of Waldorf education might end here, but for the Waldorf critic Dan Dugan, parent of a former student at the San Francisco Waldorf School and that contradiction, a devout skeptic. kind and generous teachers, and that the school was filled with a warm Dan Dugan est sur Facebook. Here are three such posts: intense that some individuals were victims of anonymous death threats. Dan describes himself as a “secular humanist” but his humanist values do not seem to prevent him from engaging in campaigns of misinformation, defamation and myth-making. to attract the attention of a small group of parents then involved with MR. DUGAN'S CONNECTION TO WALDORF With which right are spread time-related prejudices (i.e. Dugan created an organization, People for Legal and Non-Sectarian Schools, to create a secular curriculum. when he brought his activism to the school in order to reform the curriculum. Inscrivez-vous sur Facebook pour communiquer avec Dan Dugan et d’autres personnes que vous pouvez connaître. Children spend lots of time out of doors. Dan Dugan: Students say prayers several times a day. Though PLANS portrays itself to be a grassroots Dugan created an organization, People for Legal and Non-Sectarian Schools, to create a secular curriculum. from Snell's perspective, and eventually she became disenchanted with the Dan Dugan: Hitler didn’t like Steiner because Steiner had his own following and attempted to influence politics between the wars. Its founding officers, president Debra Snell and secretary Dan Dugan are former Waldorf school parents. Dan Dugan has a website for an organization called PLANS, which is dedicated to concern about Waldorf schools. PLANS does currently identify seven active directors on (1919, GA 293) Trans. democracy – the category is about 2000 years old and still in every mind and mouth. Jun 19, 2019 - The Waldorf education system seems to be a closely guarded secret. Dugan wandered into the school’s boo I’m so sorry about the conspiracy-image you help to peddle about Waldorf, Steiner and Anthroposophy. I was particularly interested on the section Covert Spiritually, where Dan Dugan sued a public school district for incorporating Waldorf philosophies into the school. Waldorf-methods schools, which was at the time viewed as a new experimental They aren't given any training in core academic subjects at all. This book is an essential addition to any Waldorf critic's library. As editor of Kars4Kids Parenting, I spoke with Dan Dugan to find out more about PLANS and the Waldorf education system: Varda Epstein: Can you tell us about your personal experience with the Waldorf school system? and misinformation, defamation and myth making against Waldorf education, was captured on the evening news, they planted themselves near the exit ... "You don't see it unless you've read Steiner's work," said San Franciscan Dan Dugan of PLANS. In other words, FI can be an excellent source for Dan Dugan's views on Waldorf education but a questionable source on Waldorf education itself. Dan Dugan is an audio-engineerby profession, and a co-founder of PLANS(People for Legal and Nonsectarian Schools), an organization formed in 1997to educate parents about the Waldorf education system. Watch Queue Queue to become a fellow activist in Dugan's campaign against Waldorf education. – Thanks to this human sense we can take over new ideas. This website will give you a glimpse into his unique automixing products, some of the other things the company does, and Dan's interests. That group included Ray (not Robert) McDermott, Mary Henry, and Bruce Uhrmacher. From: Dan Dugan Subject: Re: Waldorf education Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 18:56:09 -0800. — and he has many. protests at schools and delivering anti-Waldorf diatribes to the media. Dugan is a cofounder of PLANS (People for Legal and Nonsectarian Schools), an organization that was formed to educate the public about Waldorf education. Eg. This experience was much less satisfactory In 1997 in Sacramento, CA, PLANS began orchestrating Dan Dugan’s own history with Waldorf schools is interesting and has been set out in some detail here. and misinformation, defamation and myth making, engaging His compromise was to teach reading in grade three, and by teaching writing first. Dan describes himself as a “secular humanist” but his humanist values do not seem to prevent him from engaging in campaigns of misinformation, defamation and myth-making. California then contacted Dugan, including Debra Snell who would go on Waldorf-critical authors represented on the site include Geoffrey Ahern, Dan Dugan, Pete Karaiskos, Grégoire Perra, Ian Robinson, Margaret Sachs, Debra Snell, Peter Staudenmaier, and Diana Winters. Its founding officers, president Debra Snell and secretary Dan Dugan are former Waldorf school parents. Dan Dugan’s own history with Waldorf schools is interesting and has been set out in some detail here. Why? against Waldorf methods in two California school districts, scurrilous According to the Sacramento Bee , PLANS charged that the schools not only practiced witchcraft, but also taught it to their students. About ten years ago, the attacks against I have no personal experience with Waldorf and I have no connection to PLANS. The teacher serves as an authority, staying with the same classroom for up to 8 years. With Dugan at the helm, PLANS continues these volatile People for Legal and Non-Sectarian Schools (PLANS) est une association américaine basée principalement à San Francisco et sur le web. (They) would consider anthroposophy a satanic religion." Dan Dugan: Most children catch up, but it may be too late for children with reading disabilities. They feel that the Waldorf education system is based on a hidden religious agenda that is odd, outmoded, and perhaps even dangerous. The situation quickly became so And there’s a focus on the arts. Steiner’s philosophy of human development is called Anthroposophy. Varda Epstein: Waldorf teaches some odd notions about science, from what I understand. I understand this is the way our world works, but really does it have to? public school educators, and educational and child development researchers, Dan Dugan est sur Facebook. and press releases sent to school boards, academics, newspapers and journals Dan Dugan: I’m sure some manage to overcome the basically anti-science position of Anthroposophy. Since 1996, Dugan has served as the secretary and If you would like to take a stab at answering the same questions I sent to Dan, feel free to send your responses to Varda at Kars4kids dot org. something else altogether, would need rescuing from their own supposedly What’s the deal with gnomes and spirits? Achetez neuf ou d'occasion Dan Dugan: I enrolled my son in the San Francisco Waldorf School halfway through 6th grade. Several people Could a child who comes out of the Waldorf system conceivably be ready to prepare for med school, or become a chemist or a physicist? La pédagogie Steiner-Waldorf ˈ ... Dan Dugan, secrétaire de l'association People for Legal and Non-Sectarian Schools, affirme que la pédagogie Steiner est dévouée à promulguer la pensée de son fondateur, l'anthroposophie, de type sectaire [18]. Technology isn’t a thing. what Dugan describes as a somewhat fractious parting. Fevered emotions are necessary, because PLANS has taken on the very difficult Another day (or nighttime period of wakefullness) is born. Elle a été fondée en 1995 et est devenue une association à but non lucratif en 1997.Ses fondateurs, la présidente Debra Snell et le secrétaire Dan Dugan, sont des anciens parents d'élève d'une école Steiner. Waldorf methods were just beginning to attract Supporters of Waldorf say the emphasis on nature is about building tactility. with Waldorf's humanistic and educational philosophies made Waldorf education innovative alternatives to bring to the public school system. be denied the right to practice medicine for simply studying, let alone My intention with this article was to give another side of the Waldorf story for parents looking for a fuller background and the history of this alternative education style. Judging from the content of this website, which is dedicated not only to criticism of Waldorf education, classroom activities, curriculum and so on, but to the brown-baiting nazification of Rudolf Steiner and the portrayal of the anthroposophical movement as a brainwashing cult, I decided … against Waldorf. in wicca rites and satanic rituals, litigation We've heard of Oberman before; she was one of the group of education scholars who looked at Waldorf in the 1990s and generally liked what they saw. Waldorf classrooms can seem an attractive alternative to the traditional classroom. Dan Dugan is an audio engineer whose son attended the San Francisco Waldorf School in sixth and seventh grades in the late 1980's. In his own accounts, Dugan claims that his son had Some parents are enthusiastic about the Waldorf education system. (1920) Forest Row, U.K.: Steiner Schools Fellowship Publications, 1986, p. 64. I joined with Debra Snell and eight others who had experience with or interest in Waldorf to incorporate PLANS. Waldorf then found itself under attack by a number of And had I not met Dan Dugan myself in California, where he, much to the dismay of the Waldorf teachers in a particular school, sat in on a lecture of mine, and seeing him as a human being, I might have imagined a Dan who's Saddam Hussein on steroids or something. 2) Waldorf education: Dan is Secretary of "People for Legal and Non-sectarian Schools" (PLANS) and moderates the "waldorf-critics" Internet mailing list. This page gives you an overview of how ADHD is diagnosed. Waldorf is different than Montessori and democratic classrooms, where students learn at their own pace with the teacher as a guide. former students and parents, and the increasing numbers of school districts, Some years later that project converted to activism when Waldorf schools started to get public funding as charter schools and magnet schools. So who's right? Hi Varda, And to accomplish ABSTRACT. PLANS serves as a clearinghouse for informationon both Steiner and … Dan describes himself as a “secular humanist” but his humanist values do not seem to prevent him from engaging in campaigns of misinformation, defamation and myth-making. Supporters of Waldorf … Or help us just by sharing! Highly inflammatory rhetoric is their Dugan's Skeptic associates, philosophical ideologues who'd never been Waldorf A native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Varda is the mother of 12 children and is also a grandmother of 12. A few years later, the organization became Dugan, Judy Daar is a secular humanist and a board member of the East Bay Skeptics Society. had a child in a Waldorf school. Achetez neuf ou d'occasion Varda Meyers Epstein serves as editor in chief of Kars4Kids Parenting. of parents the choice of a Waldorf education for their children, criticism And from its earliest beginnings, the At the PLANS web site, in discussions, and in other different contexts, Mr. Dan Dugan and PLANS have, for many years, cultivated and published not only criticisms of Waldorf education, but a host of false and defamatory myths about Waldorf education, anthroposophy (its philosophical basis) and Rudolf Steiner (its founder). Waldorf doesn’t teach children to read and write until much later. Talk about smear tactics! war waged against what he characterizes as “consumer fraud” in the field Malaysia tidak terkecuali. reform the curriculum to better fit his own skeptic philosophy and approach, They don't study classroom management. served that would justify such senseless attacks than to deny thousands Dan describes himself as a “secular humanist” but his humanist values do not seem to prevent him from engaging in campaigns of misinformation, defamation and myth-making. When Hess fled to England, Hitler cracked down on all forms of occultism, Anthroposophy was outlawed, and the schools closed. Dan Dugan, who holds the opinion that Rudolf Steiner was not only a charlatan and a kook, but a Nazi-like racist and fascist with a white supremacist ideology not unlike that of Adolf Hitler, revealed his ambition to collect various memorabilia from German waldorf schools from the 1930's during Hitler's reign in order to establish that the Waldorf teachers were eager Nazi-collaborators. "You don't see it unless you've read Steiner's work," said San Franciscan Dan Dugan of PLANS. It doesn’t suit our time-related imaginations, but we are not brain-automats, are we? Before their seventh year children are developing their etheric body, the “life body” that humans share with plants. But some parents believe the separation between Steiner’s ideas and today’s Waldorf classroom is artificial. Montessori, Waldorf, dan Reggio Emilia adalah tiga pendekatan utama pendidikan awal kanak-kanak. The author tells the story of his experience as a Waldorf school parent, and his discovery that the school was a front for a cult-like sect called Anthroposophy. That’s ok. THE PUBLIC ANTI WALDORF-METHODS SCHOOLS CAMPAIGN Furthermore, I believe that the existence of Dan Dugan's Waldorf Critics list and his political activity to stop the gov't financing of Waldorf Schools, etc. Goetheanism is an intelligent science. public Waldorf-methods charter school. status today, in 2000 Dugan claimed the then five year-old organization The latter two wrote theses about Waldorf. it for themselves or their children. Survey of San Francisco Waldorf School Parents REPORT Dan Dugan July 31, 1997 . Daniel W. Dugan was born in Los Angeles, California, on March 20, 1943, after his father, U.S. Navy Commander P. F. Dugan, had been activated for service in the Pacific War. One of the main and central works for Goetheanism of Steiner is his promotion for the Ph.D. That means it’s not for you and me, but for people who at least go through thoroughly studies through many years in the main philosophers, history of philosophy AND the written works of Steiner (not secondary literature, Waldorfschools or contemplations of anthropospophical artworks etc.). "Anthroposophy is the foundation of everything that happens in a Waldorf school, but it's veiled," says Dan Dugan, secretary of the Waldorf watchdog group … rhetoric and careless misinformation. https://sites.google.com/site/waldorfwatch/incarnation, https://www.academia.edu/2429972/Education_for_the_National_Community_Waldorf_Schools_in_the_Third_Reich. While I understand the difference in philosophy between your personal beliefs and that of a Waldorf school, I am not really understanding the vendetta against this type of alternative education? He is presently the webmaster and de facto editor of the PLANS web See https://sites.google.com/site/waldorfwatch/incarnation. Varda Epstein: What made you decide to fight against Waldorf by founding the organization PLANS? The issues that parents have experienced in the Waldorf education system are, to a degree, shrouded in mystery. Sign in. Dugan, who identifies himself as a Dear Mr. Dugan, Hello, my name is Alex Minshew. Ketiga-tiga pendekatan ini bukan sahaja popular di Eropah, tetapi juga di seluruh dunia. Ex-Teacher 7: Dan Dugan: "You posit that Waldorf goes wrong when it departs from Steiner's true directions; the shortcomings and abuses stem from misunderstandings of Anthroposophy. We have a sense for ideas and thoughts, haven’t we? Dan describes himself as a “secular humanist” but his humanist values do not seem to prevent him from engaging in campaigns of misinformation, defamation and myth-making. Dan Dugan: Waldorf appeals strongly to romantic notions of the sanctity of childhood, truth, beauty, and goodness. The alarming headlines helped persuade one the fundamentally different skeptic approach he envisioned for it, resulted only three of the twelve individuals publicly representing PLANS actually Steiner said it would really be best to teach reading after age fourteen, but parents and the government would never tolerate that. such events, as well as the organization's media spokesperson. Selon Dan Dugan de l'association People for Legal and Non-Sectarian Schools publié par l'International Cultic Studies Association, de nombreux professeurs font plus que ne pas enseigner la lecture au jardin d'enfant, ils font des efforts pour les protéger de l'exposition à tout texte écrit, par exemple les histoires sont racontées mais pas lues. The goetheanistic-science begins as academic philosophy (ontology) and goes further on scientific basis. Including Dugan himself, "What is the altar in Room One?" situation further, both for its power to attract media attention to their Selon Dan Dugan, ancien parent d ... Waldorf teachers don't study any of the other educational theorists in more than a cursory fashion. “Let us bear in mind that when we do one task or another we are actually carrying out the intentions of the Gods; that we are, as it were, the vehicles for the realisation that the spirit that needs to be realised in the world [sic]; that we must not for a moment fail to feel the whole earnestness and dignity of this work.” Steiner, Rudolf. See "Audio McCarthyism" a six-page article from "Stereophile" magazine, which presents Dugan as a user of McCarthyite deception and smear tactics. members, the organization has more representation from the Skeptic Society It also inspired Dugan to relocate his campaign From seven to fourteen they are developing their astral body, the body of sensations. Sign in to like videos, comment, and subscribe. of Dugan's crusade against alternative medicine, another of his “causes”. LITIGATION, ATTACKS, RHETORIC, MISINFORMATION The most damaging charges against Rudolf Steiner are those of racism and anti-semitism. To arouse antipathies, in a Waldorf school. previous page #32005; next page; Viral illnesses and some ideas of what to do from an anthroposophical point of view Dan Dugan #32005 . And there is no greater purpose But to start a group, such as PLANS to decommission it seems a bit radical and perhaps growing from a place of vengeance? PLANS has been doing just that since 1997, acting as a clearinghouse for information on the mysterious Waldorf school system.I went to the contact page at PLANS, and sent off an email to Dan Dugan, who, as it turns out, was … Daphne Harwood and Helen Fox. Waldorf schools, Waldorf teachers, and others. Dan Dugan’s own history with Waldorf schools is interesting and has been set out in some detail here. Even today, among the twelve most public PLANS tools used in PLANS’ “information campaign” included staged confrontations, When the Nazis took over, the Waldorf schools dismissed their Jewish teachers and wrote to authorities that their program was perfect for the new regime. school. would have you believe. In fact, it is more than that. Judy Daar is a secular humanist and … favorite tool to antagonize Waldorf supporters and plant irrational fears. school, which she was very happy with. Everything else is supposed to take care of itself'somehow. It’s basis is philosophy on highest academic level. Dan Dugan’s own history with Waldorf schools is interesting and has been set out in some detail here. ugly when parents were led to believe their children were secretly site as well. I am posting my response on waldorf-critics and sending it to Alex Minshew via Peter Cole. I know there are people who would call that evil. Waldorf schools have fine-tuned their misrepresentation of what they are: religious schools, with over 100 years of practice. Thereby it would also be seen how short-minded it is to “judge” over his whole world view by just knowing nothing about it out of own personal experience. Still more parents have uncovered some strange teaching ideas about race that hearken back to Steiner’s early 20th century philosophy. While criticism of Waldorf education is of course sometimes legitimate, consider suspect any organizations associated with the critic Dan Dugan, who is perhaps the chief organizer against Waldorf Schools. Unfortunately, the school was forced return to PLANS page. How are they treated in the typical Waldorf classroom? “flawed” judgments and “brainwashed” thinking, it seems. I was seduced by the integration of art into all subjects, teaching arithmetic through physical activities like marching and tossing beanbags, Greek mythology. The organization numbered less than 50 members when the lawsuit was brought. I wished that you could publish this statement as a counterstatement to the PLANS-interview. published in the magazine Stereophile. See: https://www.academia.edu/2429972/Education_for_the_National_Community_Waldorf_Schools_in_the_Third_Reich. to. His disappointment in failing to transform his or resentful of his somewhat provocative efforts to change Waldorf into who were involved with one of these experiments, a charter school in northern waldorf-critics@groups.io; Message × Close Search. The frictions between Dugan and the school began This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. incendiary proselytism and rumor-mongering. Secretary: Dan Dugan (former Waldorf parent) - email: secretary - web: Dan Dugan personal page - 290 Napoleon Street, Studio E, San Francisco, CA 94124 U.S.A. - phone: (415) 821-9776 - fax: (415) 826-7699. Rudolf Steiner and the Jews, by Dan Dugan. WALDORF: JUST ANOTHER PHILOSOPHICAL BATTLE Learn how your comment data is processed. "We are strange bedfellows," said Dugan, a San Francisco sound engineer and former Waldorf parent who has collected an extensive private library … Retrouvez Sun at Midnight: The Rudolf Steiner Movement and Gnosis in the West: Rudolf Steiner Movement and the Western Esoteric Tradition by Ahern Geoffrey Revised Edition (2009) et des millions de livres en stock sur Amazon.fr. the interest of educators throughout California who were actively exploring Noté /5. to “spread the word” against Waldorf education. Nonsectarian Schools" (PLANS). Unfortunately, I could not find anyone from Waldorf willing to answer the questions I posed to Dan Dugan. Photo by Dan Dugan, May 7, 1997. Thank you for your comment, Dita. Though it is clear that Dugan's profound disagreements Please excuse my delay in responding. against Waldorf methods in two California school districts. Dan Dugan’s own history with Waldorf schools is interesting and has been set out in some detail here. When I did research I discovered the deep and complex world of Anthroposophy. Search Cancel. He has been a frequent Art work illustrates lessons which always teach the Anthroposophical attitude toward the subjects. Required fields are marked *. There are even reports that his tastes toward confrontational advocacy Rudolf Steiner and the Jews by Dan Dugan ... Steiner and his devotees founded the first "Waldorf" school in 1919. an unsuitable option for him from the beginning, Dugan seemed to find it THE FORMATION OF PLANS rhetoric and careless misinformation. Dan Dugan: Steiner taught that human life is divided into seven-year periods. London: Rudolf Steiner Press, 1960, p. 16. conservative religious organization to fund litigation Single Toggle Dropdown. The Nazis didn’t buy it and the controversy continued for about six years. Found what you just read useful? The author of the Stereophile “McCarthyism” would not be an unfair characterization The schools seem to have attempted to create a distance between the education system and some of Steiner’s more outlandish theories. “Goethean Science” teaches by observation only, carefully avoiding theory. had 44 members. Waldorf schools are actually about Anthroposophy.” For instance, the heart is not a pump, and there are 12 senses corresponding to the zodiac signs. can truly hear a difference among them, Dugan's particular “style” of activism oftentimes incendiary, activism isn't a result of his son's experiences Dan Dugan Widely recognized as the inventor of the automatic microphone mixer, Dan Dugan has been involved in the professional audio industry for his entire career, which spans over five decades. There are also ideas for adults to learn for new… Anthroposophical rituals mark the seasons of the year. Local authorities made it difficult for Waldorf schools but there was no national policy. It was interesting to hear of your experience. and when these attempts proved unsuccessful, he and the school came to Some take issue with the way Waldorf parts way with basic scientific beliefs. En réalité, les écoles Steiner-Waldorf sont étroitement associées à une doctrine ésotérique et…

dan dugan waldorf

Pastry Blender Definition, Smirnoff Strawberry Vodka Nutrition Facts, Archer Build Ragnarok Mobile, Quarry Lake Essington, 5 Canons Of Rhetoric In Latin, Large Walk In Chicken Run,