Sort by. Read the route description in the book carefully as you can get into trouble if you get off-route … The Erie Mine bunkhouse perched high on the mountains above the Kennicott Copper Mill, the Root Glacier and Stairway Icefall in the background, Wrangell Saint Elias National Park and Preserve, Alaska. Stairway Icefall can be seen several miles up the glacier and Donoho Peak is directly across. On Thursday, the recently restored remains of the Blue Bird Mine complex — including a bunkhouse dating back to at least 1877 and a stone caretaker’s house that was built when mining … 11. Historic American Engineering Record, C. (1968) Kennecott Copper Corporation, West Bunkhouse, On Copper River & Northwestern Railroad, Kennicott, Valdez-Cordova Census Area, AK. Log in or sign up to leave a comment log in sign up. The Erie Mine is actually one of the mines that fed that mill. Erie mine bunkhouse. Awesome views from the top. Kennecott, Alaska. Close. best. Access to this site was through the tunnels of the mine. Apartment - $199 avg/night - Leadville - Amenities include: Internet, TV, Washer & Dryer, Parking, No Smoking, Heater Bedrooms: 2 Sleeps: 6 Minimum stay from 1 night(s) Bookable directly online - Book vacation rental 1205022 with Vrbo. This is an easy trail hike, until it isn't. save hide report. Download this stock image: The Erie Mine bunkhouse perched high on the mountains above the Kennicott Copper Mill - A8W51C from Alamy's library of millions of high resolution stock photos, illustrations and vectors. The last part is very steep and there is no trail as you make your way up to the old Erie Mine bunkhouse. Where you enter, there’s a point where the … Posted by. At the once-prosperous Jumbo Mine, bunkhouse interiors leaned at an alarming angle, seemingly threatening to disintegrate into a pile of timber at any moment. Title: Kennecott Copper Corporation, West Bunkhouse, On Copper River & Northwestern Railroad, Kennicott, Valdez-Cordova Census Area, AK Other Title: Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve Creator(s): Historic American Engineering Record, creator Related Names: Lowe, Jet, photographer O'Connell, Kristen, transmitter 78% Upvoted. 2 comments. I mentioned yesterday that the buildings at Kennicott aren’t actually mine buildings but a copper mill. With Erie, the mountain has actually moved to the point where it is pushing [the mine] off the mountain. 18 hours ago. Perched high above the Root Glacier. u/Gerwalabop_trot. I understand that the main building you see here was a bunkhouse. Erie mine bunkhouse. Wrangell-St.Elias National Park, Alaska Alaska Cordova Census Area Kennicott Valdez, 1968. Kennecott, Alaska. In a bunkhouse at the former Erie Mine, Scannell’s camera captured a casually discarded rubber boot, an empty jam jar and a still-unburnt candle. share. Wrangell Mountain Air, McCarthy Picture: Remains of the Erie mine bunkhouse above Kennicott - Check out Tripadvisor members' 1,068 candid photos and videos of Wrangell Mountain Air

erie copper mine bunkhouse

Monster Energy Font Copy And Paste, King Of Tokyo: Power Up First Edition, The Lipstick Building London, Unique Party Themes For Adults, Phd Health Services Research Uk, Monteverde Tool Fountain Pen, Is Einkorn Flour Keto Friendly, Gordon Ramsay Tartar Sauce, John Poulos Dominion Linkedin,